16 February 2020

Trisector



In the completed grid, solvers must highlight a writer and their thematic pseudonym, the derivation of which explains the changes required to every answer prior to entry.   All entries, one of which is two words, are real words or proper nouns.

Solution grid



Trisector


The poet and librettist ARRIGO BOITO, wrote essays under the anagrammatic pseudonym TOBIA GORRIO.  All entries are therefore entered as one word anagrams of their solutions. TRISECTOR is an anagram of SCRITTORE, the Italian for writer.

A Solver's Comments:


Hi Eclogue,
A thoroughly enjoyable puzzle, with an excellent set of tidy and concise clues. My favourite clue was 6A for PARSEC. The one that held me up most was the equally compact 15A for STELE as I had my mind set on SET for the TV. Of the anagrams I thought STENOTROPIC > PROTECTIONS the most interesting, with the potential for a puzzle idea sprouting from that.
It was definitely on the easy side of medium difficulty, which seems to be where EV has been recently, with the simplicity of most of the clues and limited unching offsetting the need to anagram. Of course, the use of the anagram device gave some extra information in its own right.
Well done on finding a fair grid fill with an interesting selection of anagrammed words. I’m especially impressed that you managed to do this with the limitation of the two names using up most of the unches in the grid. I assume that TRISECTOR is an anagram of something I’ve so far missed, possibly in Italian (I could only find TORTICES in English and SCORE or SCORER does not seem to fit with anything useful). I’m not sure why but letter jumbles and anagrams seem to be a relative blind spot for me.

No comments: