26 January 2020

Across the Divide

Compiled specially for the 1 Across publication as part of our commitment to supply puzzles there. It appeared in the December 2019 issue.

This puzzle is a pangram plus it features long phrases visible in Rows 1, 3, 13 and 15 and also in Columns 1, 3 13 and 15.


Solver feedback:


Eclogue's was probably the easiest in this issue but I always like it if there is one puzzle in the magazien which is'nt too taxing. 

All done except 19a - I await the solution! 

I haven't quite finished Eclogue's yet but well on the way and really enjoying it. Very clever surfaces, with many doing double duty as both definition and cryptic clue eg 13D, 26/7A and 7/20D. I haven't managed to parse some of the answers so this one is definitely more of a stretch for me.

No comments: